Another Stocking Ideas Thread... :)

martinking

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Mar 30, 2009
Messages
191
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Chester, UK
Hiya All,

I'm just looking for ideas on my first tank stocking...

I have a Fluval Roma 90 Litre with Fluval 2 Plus filter. My pH is 7.2, im currently cycling my tank.

I like the look of 2 x German Blue Rams as my "Feature Fish". or Bolivian Rams...

Then ideally:

6 x Black Phantom Tetras
6 x Cardinal Tetras
6 x Diamond Tetras

Or mixing and matching those fish? how many of each if so? Do they all get on?

Thanks
 
i think you could easily do that. i'm not a stocking expert though..but since no one else replied yet.
many people think it looks better to get 1 species of schooling fish instead of a bunch. but i'm sure for variety you'd like at least two different ones..
i really think the the black phantom and the diamond would be cool together..cause they are similar shaped but different colors, it'd be pretty cool looking i think.
also i saw before people suggesting mixing red phantom tetra with black phantom

your tank sounds really cool.
 
Thanks for the reply! I hope it looks great!

I really do agree with what you said about Red Phantom tetras...

Ok so hopefully:

2 x German Blue Ram's
6 x Black Phantom's Tetra's
6 x Red Phantoms's Tetra's
6 x Diamond Tetra's

anybody else?

Cheers
 
I'd think about a slightly bigger filter for a 90L. I'd look at a Fluval 3+ ideally, has a good level of turnover for that size of tank.

As for fish that sounds like a good mix, but add the GBR's once the tanks been established for a few months first. And I'd put some panda corys in there, maybe a group of 6-8 to add some life to the bottom of the tank. Corys look ugly at first glance but are one of the most enjpyable fish to watch I've come across.
 
Ill be honest im just not really that "into" corys. I have never been a big fan!

And as far as the filter is concerned its annoying as I have only just stocked up on a massive supply of media for the filter! :)

Ideally I wanted an external filter, but who doesn't? :)

Cheers
 
Get another 2+ then, stick it in at the opposite end of the tank. I personally don't think ones got enough 'ooomph' to circulate the water properly round a tank of that size.

And its worth keeping an eye on the classifieds section of here (and do occasional searches by manufacturer for filters on ebay) - you'll pick up something ideal or even just something to keep running as a spare for pennies. I've got more filters than tanks for that reason.
 
I like your choices. I really like the phantoms. very active fish who fill up the middle of the tank with movement. Never had any Diamond tetras myself but I am sure they would look good. The Rams are a beautiful fish. I think your tank will look real nice.
 
Cheers, I really hope so!

Just cant wait for my cycle to finish now! Then I have got to find somewhere to buy all of these fish from! :)
 
OK So I have managed to get hold of a Fluval 205 External, so that should sort out my filtration hopefully!

So any more comments on the revised list?

2 x German Blue Ram's
6 x Black Phantom's Tetra's
6 x Red Phantoms's Tetra's
6 x Diamond Tetra's
 

Most reactions

Back
Top