Another Stocking For Sisters Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

lilacamy931

Starting again
Reaction score
My sister has a 170 litre tank with two mollies, two mollie babies, 6 guppies, 3 khuli loaches, 1 plec (adult size will be 4" eventually) and 6 harlequins, I have promised as a early chrsitmas present to stock her tank a little more, the question is can you suggest some fish that are suitable for the tank? She has really got into fishkeeping and her kids get involved too, she wants something a little more exciting than her current mollies and guppies (I really want to recommend peaceful fish). There was a golden gourami but it went around terrorising everything. Unsure of her decor in said tank but plan to also dec out on some good live plants for her. Anything colourful and suggested stocking would be great!

She did attach to a killifish today but upon reading on the particular type it would eat all small fish in her tank! So that one was out (I know there are more placid killis).Any suggestions? Colourful, funky, funny but easy care fish? (I would say beginner level)

Sorry to blab on, any help greatly appreciated! We are going to be getting the fish mid November (obviously slow stocking :good: )

Hey kizno, are the dwarf gouramis much better natured than their golden counterparts?

These shall go on the list for her decision making thanks xx

yh they are more beacefull or if you want somethink evan more peaceful than that honey gouramis or a pair of wild bettas
or she could have some of my fav fish a upside down catfish its on the left in my sig.

I think they might have had enough of catfish! LOL though she has never seen an upside down one sure the quirkiness will tempt her. Our water is a ph8 and hard so unsure the wild bettas will do any good, thanks on the gouramis! Thinking of also mentioning the colourful cherry barbs, pearl danios, x

what about rainbow fish?

also endlers as you suggested elsewhere they are gorgeous, do they produce as much as normal guppies?

yh some threadfin rainbows would work. there must be a type of wild betta tthat likes alkaline waters theres about 70 diffrent types.

ah right! But then there is teh question of seeing them in the stores around us, she will probably window shop ;) Thanks for all the suggesions though

good luck. some endlers aswel there like guppys but dont have long tails and are alot brighter.

Just looking at the dwarf gouramis they seem pretty well made, also moonlight gouramis (though never seen them in person), perhaps silver dollars, think I have a good list for the moment, picking and stocking to the correct levels is going to be the hard part..

Well we are letting the kids "pick" though there will be firm guidance. My niece has great taste going for a betta last time we shopped but of course explained she couldnt have one in her tank at home, she was happy enough to come visit mine and play with them ;)

lol yh my little bros love feeding them and watching them swimm round and they would sit for agers and watch my betta make bubble nests its the only time they sit still lol

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back