Angels Keep Pulling Up Plants

scot1e

New Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2008
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi, I have a large Biorbe tank with 3 medium angels, 1 Clown loach and some large black tetras. I recently tried putting in some real plants as I read that angels love long grassy plants. My tank looked lovely for about a week then large bits of plants started appearing on the top of the water. I fished out the plant pieces so they didn't contaminate the water, but this keeps happening. Four weeks down the line all I have left is a couple of stems and a pretty bare tank. I don't want to go back to those hideous plastic things. Someone please help....
 
Most cichlids are what you could call, "Plant Destroyers." Especially species such as oscars and the eartheaters family will readily pull up and destroy plants and sometimes eat them (more of a traight of the eartheaters as they are veggie lovers). I have not heard too many instances of angels doing this, but they are cichlid and since it is a wide traight seen across the whole cichlidae world, I would think they would like to do it too.

Its not related to the topic but I would like to comment that clown loaches like to be in groups of atleast 4 so I would recommend getting more to make it feel more secure, that is, if your tank is big enough.

Ox :good:
 
Thanks for your input peeps. Are there any plants that I can get that are a bit more robust, and I need to look at better anchors to keep them in place. I originally had two clown loaches but unfortunately lost one some time ago, maybe I will get him a buddy. Thanks.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top