Angelfish pair seperated

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

FroFro

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
I have one pair of mated angels in my community tank. I had to put my male in quarantine after he got a shallow cut across his side. I think he might have gotten into a scuffle with my BN pleco and she cut him with her little hooks. Anyway I can tell my female angel is going to spawn soon by her size. Today I noticed her breeding tube is partially dropped but she has yet to lay the eggs and I'm afraid she might not if her mate isn't present. I do have two other angels in the tank of one I am sure is male. I'm just afraid of her becoming eggbound and I don't want to risk stressing her by putting her in quarantine with the male. I've read that moving breeding pairs can cause them to stop spawning for a few weeks as they adjust. I also don't want my healing male angel to undergo the stress of mating and protecting eggs, even though I remove the eggs when I see them. Any advice? Am I worrying over nothing?

female angels normally lay eggs regardless of if there is a male present and don't normally become egg bound like danios and tetras. I don't think you need to worry too much. One of the others might join her or she might just lay by herself.

It's preferable to leave the eggs with the parents so they can look after them and rearing up any young that hatch. :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back