Angel Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Airwolf767

Reaction score
Well you guys/gals were right the other angels are now acting funny. Please help with the diagnosis: White cottony film on pectoral fins covering only about 10 percent on one of three angels, more "film" on the top of the fish basically from top of eye to dorsal fin. They are swimming together into the flow from the filter with dorsal fin out of water. Other fish show no symptoms, Blue Rams, Kribs, Clown Loaches......

What to do????????????????

I have another tank available for purchase 20gal or 23 gal hex. and will be ready tomorrow.
1. What is it? (Fungus)
2. What/How do I treat these fish.
3. What about the other fish?, there are no symptoms yet.
4. Is 20/23 gal to big for hospital/breeding tank?/

Again thanks in advance

It sounds like fungus.

Treat with Melafix, look for a fungicide or look at the lfs for something they carry that is for fungus. I don't know your location so not sure what is available to you.

Fungus can spread to other fish so I would put him in a hospital tank. 20g is fine. Do you have the 20g cycled or is this the one you're buying? Don't put him into an uncycled tank or the stress might do him in. Treat the whole tank if it comes to that.

Make sure you keep the water pristine! This is a must. Keep the water slow moving and leave the lights off most of the time. In other words nothing stressful.

Watch the other tank for others incase they break out in it also. Keep this water pristine also. It's very important and sometimes (not saying here in your case) if there's an injury and the water's not really clean this is the result.

A salt dip might also work but I don't want to have to go there yet.

Thanks, the new tank is not cycled I thought I would just put in an airstone with my tank water to treat the angels. The tank is gravel vacuumed and 20% water changed every 2-3 weeks. My LFS told me I could harm the Clown Loaches with certain treatments, is this true? Can I not set up another smaller tank with water from my 75 gal and an airstone to treat the fish, and top of my tank with RO water which is what I use from my LFS?......... or do you recommend a complete cycle??? (which is of course what I would like to do but am afraid of the time).

Your help is greatly appreciated........This may also help:

75g 2 Emperor 400's

5 Angels (3 sick, 2 okay for now 3inches)
4 Clown Loaches
2 Blue Rams
2 Corys
1 Plecosamus (spelling???)
2 Neon Tetra
2 Marbeled Hatchet

Also sorry about the double post I am new to the forum and just wanted a quick reply.

Thanks smb

Most reactions

Back