Angel Fish

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Haiden1994

Reaction score
How beautiful is this fish, although I wouldn’t advise beginners to get them I would strongly recommend once you have got your hands wet to try
image.jpg

it’s not beautiful, it’s absolutely stunning! one of my plans in life is to get a 100 gallon tank with just angel fish (and maybe some cories??) like 5-7 angels in a black water tank.

Thank you I appreciate your comment. That sounds amazing my next project is going to be a large tank with more a more natural habitat for my chiclids I also have 5 discus and a black angel (breeding pair)

Thank you I appreciate your comment. That sounds amazing my next project is going to be a large tank with more a more natural habitat for my chiclids I also have 5 discus and a black angel (breeding pair)
I had a tank only recently with a breeding pair and tons of 2-3 inch fry. Was a spectacle. Had to make way for discus.

Attachments

• 55190AE3-D2A5-4BED-9FE8-2F32004C3126.jpeg
    55190AE3-D2A5-4BED-9FE8-2F32004C3126.jpeg
    328.6 KB · Views: 80
I had a tank only recently with a breeding pair and tons of 2-3 inch fry. Was a spectacle. Had to make way for discus.
That must have been an amazing experience to have raised all those fry. Defiantly a good decision to make way for discus as they can been a little territorial when it comes to smaller fish

That must have been an amazing experience to have raised all those fry. Defiantly a good decision to make way for discus as they can been a little territorial when it comes to smaller fish
Yeah it was an experience. The female angel parent would kill anything introduced to tank. Once a breeding pair is established be prepared for anything much smaller to have chunks missing out of them.

Well... my angels have been hit and miss with aggression. These are some of my angles; I had some pinoy but they were too aggressive. They wanted the entire 120 to themselves. The platinum female can go on a hissing fit now and then but when it comes to hand feeding her she is incredibly gentle. The gold male (which is actually and off spring of the female platinum and black male to the far left) is now the boss. He outgrew his parents.... guess I over-fed him when he was this:

baby_angels.jpg

120_march_27_2021.jpg

Last edited:
Well... my angels have been hit and miss with aggression. These are some of my angles; I had some pinoy but they were too aggressive. They wanted the entire 120 to themselves. The platinum female can go on a hissing fit now and then but when it comes to hand feeding her she is incredibly gentle. The gold male (which is actually and off spring of the female platinum and black male to the far right) is now the boss. He outgrew his parents.... guess I over-fed him when he was this:

View attachment 139870

View attachment 139869
Your tank looks amazing, maybe try and get some bog wood to split the tank so the angels are not always in eye site. As you can see my tank has many places to relax out of sight. I always have 5 discus which again can become aggressive in tanks that do not have much ‘shade’. Chiclids come from rivers where there are many fallen trees

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    325.6 KB · Views: 69
If you feed him some krill his fin should get a more orangish color as well as more metallic sheen.. I have a couple similar to yours.. they do look stunning gliding around...

Attachments

• IMG_20210606_123246430.jpg
    IMG_20210606_123246430.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_20210606_123116108.jpg
    IMG_20210606_123116108.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 66
Nice looking angels! I tried some wild peruvians one time. They were stunningly beautiful, but in such poor shape when I got them that none of them survived quarantine. I have a school of blues coming in for my 150g tomorrow. I'm excited to meet them.

By the way, everybody remember it's angel fish, not angle fish. The latter brings to mind angler fish, which only their mothers could call "beautiful." :lol:
3_3.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back