Angel Fish With What Patch On His Side!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

AngelPen

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I noticed last night that one of our marble angel fish has a small white patch on his side. It's not like fungus or white spot (had both before so know what they look like!), theres no red around it either.

He and another angel fish are the 2 biggest fish, so do have a scrap now and then, could this patch be from fighting? It looks like his skin has been pushed up a bit on the edge of it, like its been scraped or something. But would it look white if it was from fighting?

He seems fine, and we're pretty sure its from a fight, but just thought I'd check on here!

It is likely that it is the first early stages of a columnaris desease infection- you should treat the fish with an anti bacterial and fungal med like Pimafix. Columnaris is often brought on by stressful conditions in the tank, so it is likely that it came about directly or indirectly from the angelfish fighting.
I would also advise you do a thread on how to prevent your angels from fighting because if they are getting sick from it, then you need to do something about the agression before things turn for the worse.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back