Angel Fish Has Whirling Disease? (video Added)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

RaZoRN8

Reaction score
Hi everyone
biggrin.png

Well i noticed a day or so ago that one of my angel fish was swimming in anti-clockwise for some reason, today i noticed Splodge (Angel fish) was swimming more in a panic than usual. He's feeding is fine and his fins are all out on display. Please can you watch my video and leave any feedback please? I will be getting the water tested tomorrow and il post the results. I do 10-20% water changes once a week and i clean the filter once a month. I recently added a red tail shark. All the other fish seem happy and fine. The tank has been running for around 4-5months now.

Thanks for yoiur time
smile.png

Nate

Hi there, My internet isn't loading the video but it sounds like a possibility could be swim bladder. This is usually caused by the food he is eating. There could be a blockage in his system, overeaten, or not have enough fiber in his diet. A good cure for this is thawing out a pea and peeling it and feeding it to them. He take right away. Changing the water like you have is a very good thing, and also maybe a breeders net to seclude him and let him rest and recover more easily. This might not be your answer and could be another problem but either way these methods wont hurt.

Could possibly be blind in the one eye. I had a angel that was blind in the one eye and only ever swan in the direction of her good eye. Just keep a close eye on it and keep the water clean!

Westwood

not convinced theres anything wrong with it.could be submissive as the other 2 look to be pairing up.

Firstly, it does look like submissive behavior. Second, your temp is a bit high, lower it to 78-80°F, this will help curb some of the aggression from the two that seem to be pairing up.

Hey thanks for the advice guys. Ok so the water test came back really good :) Everything was 0 apart from the PH which was 7.4, She said that is fine. The fish expert at the shop is sure that Splodge has got swim bladder and there is nothing I can do to cure it. either he will stay like it or die. I kinda think she is wrong but i'm not the expert :/
Anyone here had fish recover from swim bladder?

To try and help I have reduced the food flakes in the tank a little by feeding twice a day but smaller amounts. As for the temps, i cannot lower it as the heater is set lower and it is hot. I have the lampof though and my air con is on religiously hahaha :D I am using a temp strip so i think its reading the air temp more than the tank. As for the other 2, the big one (Dori) is actually snapping alot at the other (Sharkbait) So i don't thin they are pairing up, if anything Dori is even more hostile to Sharkbait than ever before!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back