Angel Eggs

shortymet55

Fishaholic
Joined
Sep 23, 2007
Messages
468
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Maryland
Are my Angelfish confused? My Angels for the first time laid eggs. Some reason they ate all the brownish ones and kept all the clear ones. Are the brownish ones fertile, and clean not fertile? Dont they usually eat the non-fertile ones first?
 
interesting question and hopefully someone will come along with an answer because i'm still waiting for my angels to pair up and this is something i will need to know when that happens. :good:
 
The clear ones are fertile and the opaque ones are infertile. As this is their first spawn, do not be surprised if they eventually eat them all. Even in well established pairs, without intervention, it is quite common for all of the eggs to be eaten.
 
What were the brownish eggs then? I saw some white ones, but they definitely were infertile. But the majority of eggs were brownish. Few eggs are left, and they are the clear ones.
 
The eggs will become more brownish/yellowish after the fry have started to develop. How long since the eggs were laid?
 
If they only ate the brown ones then I would say that they were infertile...congrats on the eggs. I love Angels.
 
o Im totally excited! Even if it takes a few attempt.

I got BBS eggs going just in case.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top