Anewbie - August 2021 Fish of the Month Winner (Plecos)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
We have a winner in Fishforums.net
August 2021 Fish
of the Month Contest
We had 5 beautiful Plecos entered in this month's FOTM contest but only one could win...

And the winner is.......
:band:
:hooray:
Anewbie
Let's all congratulate him
:drinks:
Here's his winning Flash Pleco and its description
f1-jpg.141450
This is a flash pleco (L204). I picked him up for around $15 at petco about 18 months ago. Originally I put him in a 29 to grow a bit and it took about 3 months and a lot of zuccchini to get him to come out of hiding and trust me (or at least stop running away). After about 8 months I moved him to the 120. I *think* it is a male but they are difficult to sex. Since then I located 3 from a small dealer in wi; and 3 more for a larger shop on the west coast so I now have 7. They are slow growers; at least a bit slower than lemon blue-eye bn i own and the youngest still hasn't fully developed his/her tail after 11 months (probably 16 to 18 months since birth). I find them a bit more skittish than bn pleco but in the 120 two of the younger ones are rather bold. Anyway I highly recommend them but there is always a chance your fish will spend more time hiding than not. Recently the one pictured above has been spending more time at the back of the tank. In another year i might try to breed them though it is said to be a bit on the difficult side. Certainly not like bristlenose where all it takes a male and a female even if you would prefer they did not breed.

Congrats to @anewbie who has won Fish of the Month with his gorgeous L204 Pleco. What a great looking Pleco. Well deserved win.

Coming in 2nd place is @Circus with his super nice L200 Green Phantom Pleco. Nice entry, Circus.

And coming in 3rd place is @FishNturt808 with his red Bullnose Pleco. Great pic and very pretty pleco.

Thanks to all who particpated and/or voted in our Fish of the Month contest.

Right now, we are accepting entries for our September Tank of the Month contest. This month, we are featuring tanks sized at 16 gallons and smaller. If you have a tank of that size, we hope you enter it in the contest.

Last edited:
Anewbie will soon be awarded a FOTM WINNER Banner in his profile area. His winning Pleco will be added to our Fish of the Month Wall of Fame

Last edited:
Congratulations, a well deserved win :hooray:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back