Anemone

I'm all with you there. But all levels are normal or super close to normal.

I also did a 50% water change yesterday.

I'm also planning on relocating the mandarin goby and the psuedo this week.

close to zero - nitrite and ammonia is not normal at all, far from it. they HAVE to be zero

There is also not enough light abov your tank,

Any reading for ammonia or nitrite is not good to inverts, Rabbut already explained this. So superclose to normal for an anemone may as well be far away from normal. It needs a stable and mature tank.

Any other inverts such as snails and shrimps will not like those levels and either will corals.

The way to stock a marine tank is very slowly. At 7 months, I have added my last fish. Only 1 or 2 max a month, only added 2 of added pairs, ie percs are added together.

I really believe your "professional" should not have set the tank up how they did, it was asking for some trouble, especially if you are not entirely sure what you are doing with the tank.

If you are prepared to listen, people will be prepared to help.

Change the term professional..unless they run a marine center or are a marine biologists/ aquarist...
One person on here works in an lfs and her boss advised her to add "cycle" and stick her fish straight in !!!

You've got very good advise on here and if not willing to listen to experiencd keepers you will soon have a glass coffin on your hands there !!

Check these people's tank threads on here before you bite back next time.....we are all willing to help on here...IF you are willing to listen

ive got a few anenomes in my tank.. and ( having bought the set up as complete) they wernt looking too clever but the guys are deffo right i had readings of ammonia >0.25.. tho cant remember the nitrite... but now they are at zero they are thriving eating like piggies...a pro would be making £££ out of setting up and stocking your tank .. he can go about causing / correcting any problems without you knowng about it... tho u have an interest obviously.... there is no charge for advice here, no charge for anything.. all we get is the satisfaction of seeing healthy fish and happy keepers .. ive only been keeping marine for about 24 days and i have taken ALL of my advice from this section of the forum, and trust the people dishing it out completley,

they wont tell you what you want to hear.. that will beniefit no one.. so if thats what you want.. your in the wrong place

Thank You to all of you guys! I'll have to get on water changes and relocating some fish.
I never meant to be offensive in any manor. Just don't want to lose any of my fish!!

Just to clear up though..... The professional was my brother who mainly advised me in setting up the tank. He owns a company that sets up and manages commercial and large residential aquariums. All of his tanks have done amazing but i guess i need to work on this one more.

"I fudged up guys"

But i'll keep posting on the progress of all my tank inhabitants.

And sorry again!!

Well keep us updated on how it gets on.

I would look into getting a lighting upgrade if you are serious about this nem. Make sure your pumps are protected. Keep up with maintainance. Then you will have a much healthies looking tank...once you have re-homed the extra fish

Most reactions

Back