Anacharis melt?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Tacocat

Fish Herder
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
Hi there, I just noticed that all of the anacharis in my tank is undergoing a random-seeming melt. For context, the anacharis has been in my tank for about 6 months, and we grew it from a single dying stem that came with some shrimp we bought. Anyway, now almost all the anacharis is melting, aside from one part, and I'm sure that it will start melting soon as well. What is happening? I didn't introduce anything besides sachem excel, which after causing a nitrite spike which I quickly water-changed out, nothing happened. I did do a massive hack back during which I cut most of the anacharis, but that's it.

FAA90F9A-4D42-43D5-9E2A-E086353C77E0.jpeg
4AE1CB39-C48C-4128-8A2F-1F3EED965FCE.jpeg
1AF33D9F-C8C1-4A1C-9E27-FEBA5339F53A.jpeg

Right now the fish and other plants seem fine, but I'd rather if my plants stayed not-melted and as they are.

i have wild anacharis i got from a river ( i know i was stupid back then but now it's safe) sometimes a lot of it turns brown and melts away at the same time in a few months. not sure why too. think it's a seasonal thingy

IN my experience it melts when there are not enough nutrients in the water. you could use a goodaaquarium fertilizer but in my opinion it is too late for that.

I had it in my tank but nutrient deficiencies killed it before I figured out how to resolve those issue. Now no local shops have it.

Most reactions

Back