An offer of a job!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Dragonslair

Dragon.
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
I was talking to the manager of our lfs about the state of his tanks and the poor conditions of his fish. I was nice about it and didn't slag him off, just mentioned it.....as you do. He asked if I knew much about fish and pets. I told him that I was a moderator on this forum, which he is gladly advertising for me and if I didn't know about a particular subject I had the resources in yourselves to get an answer. We had a good old chin-wag and I believe he was impressed at my knowledge concerning fishes and small pets. It was almost as though it was an interview but not...if you know what I mean. Finally as I was about toleave the shop, he told me there was a job in the shop for me if I wanted it...even if it was a Saturday only job. I thanked him and said I was flattered and would consider it...I never close the preverbal doors behind me by refusing anything. You never know I just may need the job one day. PLUS the guy was not offended by a point blank NO.
I left him feeling that he was still the boss, and I believe that's the way it should be. I just went away feeling really proud of myself and of you lot.

Nice one MSS. Just think you'd get first dibs on all the new fish that come in as well.(at a decent price)

Yes,adeyc that was mentioned as a lure. :) Working 5 days a week is quite stressful, do I really need to do another day. The added money would be nice, about £35.00 for a day.Still thinking about it.
If I could set a condition that I was able to have an internet link with this site during the day. I would jump at the chance then, but as it is ....Mmmmmmm :what:

Well what ever you decide we'll help out if you need us to. Proud of ya man. Martini

Go for it dragon! £35-that is about €50 for ONE DAY! I wish I was on that money................. could buy more fish.........
Plus its a job that you would really love, just think-an extra 20 tanks to look after. and as adeyc said-you get all the good fish......

Way to go - well done :D Pity more LFS's aren't like that one. Most of the staff in them don't know their tetras from their plecos :(

Well done mate. Pitty it's not closer to me, I've got 7 days to go until unemploment. :laugh: The shops round here are full of it and dont think anyones knows anything if you go in there shops :what:

You know guys,......and gals..
I wasn't job hunting-I just went looking at the fishes and got chatting to this guy, who during the chit chat said he was the manager. I did feel bad after I spouted off,nicely, about the condition of the tanks and later he said he was the boss of the place, but that's what I felt and said it. Davy maybe go into either youlfs/lps asd ask if there are any jobs going or if they could keep you in mind. It saves them advertising at the jobcentres and costing them money. They will already know your credentials because you would have already mentioned it wouldn't you? Just try it.......you never know it may work.

Like poundin' your head against a brick wall eh?
Well as we used to say at med. school "nil desperandum".
If you believe in fate, something always happens for a reason.

Aye Davy you could try and get a job at Pets at Home. :D . Though Riverside Aquaria can be a bit off when you pull them up about somthing. The Assistants at Pets at home seem to dissapear now when i'm in there looking. Got to buy dry goods some where. Thats my excuse.

Ken I'd go off my head working in Pets at home. Don't thing I would sell a thing :laugh:

I'll send Sandra out to work and sit here on the puter.
Ken I used to work at the old 26th district workshop (REME). Been there since school :blush:

Davy,

One way or another everything will work out fine.  I say this because my husband was laid off for 8 months and I am a stay at home mom.  We put had to put the house up for sale and planned on moving in with his parents.  As it turned out we weren't able to sell our house.  Due to 9-11 and the economy slump.  The contract with our realator expired on a Friday and Steve got a better job on the following Monday.  We were able to keep our house and didn't have to move in with his parents. :D .  So it may seem a little tough right now but things have a way of working out for the best.

Faye

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back