An Object Of Beauty!

Ludwig Venter

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Joined
Jun 7, 2008
Messages
8,209
Reaction score
5
Points
38
Location
South Africa
Just another spinoff of my "collecting your own driftwood", I came accros this deliverance from the river gods this afternoon..... It is the same piece of wood, viewed from different angles.... I think it is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen (second to my wife.... in case she sees this post).. Picked it up near the river in full flow at the moment & cannot wait for the levels to drop to get some more....

SDC11914.jpg


SDC11915.jpg


SDC11917.jpg


SDC11918.jpg


SDC11919.jpg


SDC11920.jpg


SDC11924.jpg


SDC11928.jpg


SDC11931.jpg


Does not matter at what angle yo look at it, it is a beautiful addition......
 
Just another spinoff of my "collecting your own driftwood", I came accros this deliverance from the river gods this afternoon..... It is the same piece of wood, viewed from different angles.... I think it is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen (second to my wife.... in case she sees this post).. Picked it up near the river in full flow at the moment & cannot wait for the levels to drop to get some more....

SDC11914.jpg


SDC11915.jpg


SDC11917.jpg


SDC11918.jpg


SDC11919.jpg


SDC11920.jpg


SDC11924.jpg


SDC11928.jpg


SDC11931.jpg


Does not matter at what angle yo look at it, it is a beautiful addition......

Thats a huge hunk of wood dude, shame i live where i do nowhere near a river lol
 
good find ludwig ill be going to the river dee at the weekend to see what i can find
god knows how much that would cost in a shop lol
do you know where your going to put it yet?
regards scot :)
 
do you know where your going to put it yet?
regards scot :)

As it is, Chester... I specifically went out to look for something to add to Tony's tank... as much as I'd like to add it to one of my own tanks..... I have to be honest & benifit tony with the "find".....see.. "Now I'm really relying on you guys".. (Topic)
 
absolutely beautiful, it'll look even better with some plants growing over it and creatures going through all the holes etc
 
absolutely beautiful, it'll look even better with some plants growing over it and creatures going through all the holes etc

Exactly what I had in mind.... (bearing in mind, that there are oscars in this tank)
 
ha ha done that a long time ago ludwig :hyper:
Whent to my local lake and while walking around seen alovely piece of wood in the water ,later went back to the car for a plastic bag.
put the wood into the bag and put it in the boot :good: .old mark 4 cortina at the time lol
when i got home i boild it then put it in the tank,looked Brill :good: :good:
SHOCK ,SHOCK,HORROR next morning went into the car with wor lass to do some shopping and the car was full of creepy crawlies :blush: :blush: took two days to get rid of the buggers
the Moral of this story is if you get any thing from a river or lake put it in a sealed bad :good: :good:
good hunting
eric
 
Just BTW,.... There are 9 pics of the same piece at different angles.... What angle of it, will be recommended for in situ????
 
fantastcic piece of wood ludwig but i dont think it will fit in with your aquascape i rekon as im in a kind mood i will do the right thing and put it in my tank for you :lol:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top