An Accurate Thermometer?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Madjonny

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Basicly, I have a tank in my room, which happens to be the hottest room in the house...

My heater is on 25-26 but the thermometer sticker seems to be on 30 alot...

Maybee it's just the hot weather?
Or should I get another thermometer? Any recommendations?

Heater settings are notably vague, could be as you state the ambient heat that's the cause. My Marina LCD @ £2.99 is consistent with my AquaOne glass thermometer that I use when testing the temp of water change water.

Yeah, my tank is the same... Nothing to do with your thermometer, its just this hot weather.
A lot of people use dechlorinated ice cubes to cool their tanks back down but my fish seem to be coping fine with this sudden heatwave.

I thought so but iv just ordered a glass thermometer for a couple of quid just to be safe...

At least then I have 2 to refer to...

i didn't bother with a thermometer.  Instead i dunk my head fully into the tank and judge it this way.  It's a good way to save a few bucks.  Plus my hair has never looked better!

The settings on my heater are off by a degrees or two (its a Chinese heater so theres not much instructions and the control is not very precise) but then on hot days the tank temp goes up even if the heater is set lower.

i got a digital thermometer for my new tank just because i am so anal about things, it bothers me a lot because it is changing by like.1 very 5 secs :p

Try to close vents in other rooms of your house and open that one. Maybe like 80% in every other room or 60% and 100% in the tank room. I generally leave all house vents at 60% and the main areas 100%. I don't need air blasting in my bathroom/walk in closet; 50% is fine.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back