Ammonium Test Kit, I Think I Forgot To Buy....

Infidel_Uk

Fish Crazy
Joined
Jun 7, 2009
Messages
295
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Essex Dood !
ok so ive just been and bought an a jbl ammonium test kit, inside are 3 bottles of ammonium nh4 each marked reagents 1,2& 3 the kit it would appear is for testing the water , obviously , lol

was i supposed to buy a bottle of PURE ammonia also ? im almost certain i should have , help me out guys and dolls please ?
 
not pure ammonia, Household ammonia is is what you need 9.5% dilute you can getit from Boots or homebase!
 
not pure ammonia, Household ammonia is is what you need 9.5% dilute you can getit from Boots or homebase!
and with that said, im out the bleedin door, AGAIN lol

thank you for confirming the fact that i am a stupid ##### , lol [ only in my opinion ] lol

while im gone can you go some way to explaining dilute ? any handy tips would be a treasure to me at the mo .....
 
don't worry about dilute! it's already diluted in the bottle but it will state 9.5% on the bottle. If you ask for pure ammonia you will get some funny looks and people really will think you are an Infidel!
 
pure ammonia is subject to various licencing laws in the UK, so you wont get it over the counter.

What you want is ammonia with no added agents, if it foams when you shake it, its no good.

I used the Homebase one when cycling (white bottle) so I can confirm thats suitable
 
i did indeed get some funny looks, lol

ended up in boots under 2 quid ! its 9.5% like you said and states on the bottle contains ammonia solution . so as far as i can *tell* its the one i need....yup it does not foam

thanks guys
 
Yep, the boots one is fine, it's what I've been using :)
 
ill have a quick look in about half an hour, then ill check it every 2 days until i see a change then daily after that .

sounds ok yeh ?
 
Where abouts in essex are you? I can give you some filter media if you want to quick cycle.
 
Where abouts in essex are you? I can give you some filter media if you want to quick cycle.


im based near the m11, j7

ive just taken a quick look at the water ...gotta wait 10 mins tho, lol

although having said that , after 5 mins its already matching the chart for 5ppm

DSC01393.jpg
 

Most reactions

Back
Top