Ammonia Update

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

sallyann

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Good morning, just tested ammonia, and much better than yesterday, very very slight green tinge, in fact difficult to tell if it was slightly green, where as yesterday definatly green, anyway just to be on the safe side I have changed 9 litres of water, goldie looking fine, eating well and swimming around, he does still have periods of rest at the bottom, but he is quite old and has suffered over the years as you know, so fingers crossed, will probably not do any water changes tommorow if all is ok, think filter may have caught up after blip. Which would be ok if I was not going on holiday!!

sounds like the filters doing it's thing. if it's a lot better today then hopefully it'll have sorted itself out tomorrow :good:

Lets hope the filter is back to normal now, just tested water now, no ammonia at all, do you think I should get my neighbour to feed every couple of days whilst I am away, I think in view of the water this would be better in case we have another blip, if goldie still has these periods of resting at the bottom of tank, with his chin on the ground, dorsal fin up though, I might try a different anti bac med when get back from my hols.

Lets hope the filter is back to normal now, just tested water now, no ammonia at all, do you think I should get my neighbour to feed every couple of days whilst I am away, I think in view of the water this would be better in case we have another blip, if goldie still has these periods of resting at the bottom of tank, with his chin on the ground, dorsal fin up though, I might try a different anti bac med when get back from my hols.

yup get her to pop in, it means as well if there are any obvious problems with him while you're away your neighbour may be able to help (obviously depending how willing she is!) make sure you portion out the food, do smaller portions than normal, and hide the food so she can't overfeed accidentaly.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back