Ammonia Update

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

sallyann

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Just thought i would update you, after 75% water change yesterday afternoon, I then restested water, at 10pm last night, still slight ammonia, so i did a 30% water change, tested again this mroning, still slight ammonia, so have done another 30% water change, back to 0, I also tested tap water for ammonia, no ammonia in that, which was good. I tested for Nitrite too, before and after water change , that was 0.
Goldfish much happier today, swimming around looking for food, so far, still got black tips on one side of tail fins and a couple of other fins, which with ammonia present i suspect ammonia burn :( , this happened with the other goldfish, and as I was not as clued up about ammonia in the water and was still turning the filter off every night, I now think this contributed to its demise.
Will continue to monitor and recheck levels this afternoon, about 3pm, got to try and fit it in around my day, might need the filter media yet, where in Leeds do you live, I can meet you half way if you like, or can it be posted? I am in Ilkley.

i'm in sunny armley, i can pop out to you, or you can come pick some up, or meet you half way.... whatever really, I drive and Ilkley's not too far!! :lol:

Give it until tomorrow and see how the land lies and we'll take it from there. Sometimes you just get a little blip and the filter recovers within a few days, sometimes it'll take a little while longer

thanks miss wiggle, could meet you half way, will monitor today and tomorrow, this goldie is pretty hardy, with what it has been through over the years, would not be so good with tropicals.
I think i will try another anti bac med if i need any in future, this always seem to happen with the interpet one.

if you need a good quality anti bac then myaxin is what you should look for. :good:

Yep, have had that reccomended before, not keen on this interpet stuff now, bit weak and messed up filter. Goldie much happier today though, swimming around much more,but might have to do a water change tonight, will filter catch up eventually, surley not all good bacteria is dead, got no nitrite, is that a good sign?

Most reactions

trending

Back