Ammonia test

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

snotirl

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Got i first ammonia test kit today and i tried it out my tank was at 0 is that ok??? :/

Snotirl,
Good job, 0 is where it should be. Anything over 0 causes stress on your fish. Good luck, sounds like you have it under control. Sandy

cool thats ok then most people siad i would have high ammonia level cause i was over crowding!! but i know im not!! :lol:

That's awesome that you don't have any ammonia in your tank :). However, if people have been worried about overcrowing, make sure to check nitrites too (if you haven't already), because high levels of them can also kill fish.

Im that good am i first time testing it and 0!!

I'd recommend having testing supplies for both nitrites and nitrates. Nitrites are what you really want to worry about, but high levels of nitrates isn't a good thing either. You may just be able to buy a test kit that has various tests included, like I did, or you can go out and buy seperates. In either case, it's important to be able to test your water parameters since that is the first thing you're going to want to know if your fish are sick.

Most reactions

Back