Amazon Sword

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Dajuyu

Fishaholic
Reaction score
One of the leaves form my Amazon sword was disengaged , I actually didn't realize it . The leave was already floating around the tank , I keep saying that I need to remove it but its already two weeks went by (me being busy and all ) .

To my surprise the leave still green and no sign of yellowish or anything like that. The leave also grew its own roots at the end of its stem this is new to me .

That is very interesting! Was the stem of the leaf snapped, or was it like pulled pulled away from the main plant at the base?

One of the leaves form my Amazon sword was disengaged , I actually didn't realize it . The leave was already floating around the tank , I keep saying that I need to remove it but its already two weeks went by (me being busy and all ) .

To my surprise the leave still green and no sign of yellowish or anything like that. The leave also grew its own roots at the end of its stem this is new to me .
just plant it, it mightve took some of the rhizome with it, and never actually rotted, just got damaged or something. (like a potato you can split it up and still root /sprout it)

just plant it, it mightve took some of the rhizome with it, and never actually rotted, just got damaged or something. (like a potato you can split it up and still root /sprout it)
Exactly will do just that ... will plant it tomorrow and see how it goes seems that I need more aqua soil to top off in the main tank .

I would just plant it. Make sure to provide it with nutrition. (Root tabs)

I would just plant it. Make sure to provide it with nutrition. (Root tabs)
Exactly will do just that ... will plant it tomorrow and see how it goes seems that I need more aqua soil to top off in the main tank .
do you guys have any tips on propogating them?(cloning) i see you have accidentally did it, but what do you guys usually do?

do you guys have any tips on propogating them?(cloning) i see you have accidentally did it, but what do you guys usually do?
I think that they send out runners under the substrate and then pop up and start a new plant, once the plant is big enough it can be separated from the original one. I just read that somewhere online

I think that they send out runners under the substrate and then pop up and start a new plant, once the plant is big enough it can be separated from the original one. I just read that somewhere online
Yes, they send out runners. (Similar to Vals)

13 April 15% Water Change for Shrimp Tank , since I just fed egg shells to the shrimps.
2021-04-13.jpeg

See what I mean ... Salvinia , Frogbit and Duckweed ,Water Lettuce I have some Betta in the small tank that you saw that just to keep in check if there are any mosquito lava and what not.

I lost count on the number of small snails inside the tank its just multiplying ... no aeration and once in two weeks water change . The old water in the tanks are good for other potted plants here we go all the floating plants in the back yard ...

2021-04-13 (1).jpeg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back