Amazed by how clever!!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

juliethegr8t

Addicted and in Therapy
Reaction score
So I decided hey, why not try to spawn the foerschi again, since it'll have been a week tomorrow and the female is completely healed up. So I lifted the divider, let her swim over to his side.. and watched. :p Took about two minutes, and she'd slid herself right over the top of the divider by jumping. Don't know how she did that, there is only a tiny area between the lid and the top of the divider. :blink: He was buggin the heck out of her, and even though she was barred up, obviously wasn't ready, as she was running from him. I didn't get the watch the very beginnings of them last time, so this aggression might be normal, like splendens, I don't know. Anyways, brought her over there again with him, and the she did it again! I could watch the little wheels in her brain turning, she totally knew that she could get away from him and be safe. Jumped the exact same way, at the exact same spot. :eek: I am thoroughly convinced that these wilds are very very smart. She jumped over to his side last time when she wanted to spawn, perhaps she'll do it again. I'll try tomorrow again, and otherwise, we'll wait and see what she decides. :hyper: :lol:

Also, speaking of wilds, the falx are dying to go at it again. :rolleyes:

:lol: Yes, the falx always need a cold shower. I'd let them go at it, but I would like the breeding tank open for a few shots at splendens in a few months. Anyways, as many know, she is constantly barred up, you'd think it was her coloring. :rolleyes: We're thinking perhaps she needs her own personal bubble wall or something... :whistle: :rofl:

I think I'd like it if the foerschi girl gets in that habit, I really do think she is that smart. :nod: :wub:

:rolleyes: Bettas, what are we gonna do with them :dunno: Too bad you can't switch the female foerschi's reasoning with your falxie girl :thumbs:

This shows that Bettas are smart fish. And my friends say fish are dumb. :sad:

Most reactions

Back