The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Astrogirl

Reaction score
Hi all,
I just got some amano shrimp a week ago and one of them is getting white patches. I posted pictures below. He has become progressively worse, but his behavior is normal. My water parameters are ph 7.4, nitrates, nitrites, and ammonia all 0. I panicked and put him in a quarantine tank. What else should I do? Will he be ok. I posted pictures of him and one of him next to a healthy looking shrimp. Any assistance is appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_6344.JPG
    IMG_6344.JPG
    658.4 KB · Views: 571
  • IMG_6360.JPG
    IMG_6360.JPG
    755.1 KB · Views: 608
Update 5 days later
The amano with the white patches is still in quarantine and still looks the same. He is eating a little algae in the tank, but hasn't touched the piece of algae wafer I dropped in the tank. There is a little aquarium salt in the tank and I have done a 25% water change. Any suggestions?

Update 5 days later
The amano with the white patches is still in quarantine and still looks the same. He is eating a little algae in the tank, but hasn't touched the piece of algae wafer I dropped in the tank. There is a little aquarium salt in the tank and I have done a 25% water change. Any suggestions?
Udate 1 week later. The Amano in quarantine is still alive, but another amano has now developed slightly milky insides. Should I quarantine him too? What am I doing wrong?

Thx for all the updates and sorry, that no one seems able to help. I have no clue here either. I used to keep some amanos for a while, but have never seen anything like this.

First, when reading your text, I thought it might be the beginning of molding, but this usually starts at the neck and is finished sooner.

What do you think , is it inside or outside? Wasn't clear to me from the pictures.

Thx for all the updates and sorry, that no one seems able to help. I have no clue here either. I used to keep some amanos for a while, but have never seen anything like this.

First, when reading your text, I thought it might be the beginning of molding, but this usually starts at the neck and is finished sooner.

What do you think , is it inside or outside? Wasn't clear to me from the pictures.
Both. It is patchy white on the outside and milky on the inside.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back