Alternative Food options you may suggest.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

itiwhetu

Naturally First
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
I thought it might be interesting to see what members feed their fish when not feeding them the things we think about usually as food.

For this thread maybe: Name the fish and then what interesting thing it enjoys eating.

I have a couple to get things going

Oscar: Ox Heart Grated (Freeze ox heart then grate with cheese grater).
Goldfish: Porridge ( cook as usual no salt, spread onto small plate place in bottom of pond)
Community fish: Small block of cheese tied to cotton suspended into middle of tank.
Kissing Gourami and Live bearers: Porridge as above placed on small lid and placed on base of tank
Cichlids: Garden Worms
Giant Gourami: Ice Cream ( But that fish was a nut case ) and it wasn't me🤣

My yoyo loaches like zucchini more than my pleco or black ruby barbs. The tiger barbs like to nibble on my arms when I am doing things in the tank, too.

I have to say it. What's on your arms 😂
Not really sure (I always wash to the shoulder before going into the tanks), but it sure does tickle. When mom visited on water change day, she though the fish had actually bit me. Was a bit funny at the time.

Not really sure (I always wash to the shoulder before going into the tanks), but it sure does tickle. When mom visited on water change day, she though the fish had actually bit me. Was a bit funny at the time.
I think we will just add Circus's arm to the list🤣

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back