Almost there (tadpoles)

🐠 Tank of the Month Starts Now! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
Click here to enter!

Lemon

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
So after a few weeks my tadpoles have started showing leg growth. And today when I went to feed them the largest one had all four legs! S/he has a tail still but it’s all so exciting to see how they change
image.jpg
image.jpg
I couldn’t get a picture of the other two but here are the ones that weren’t hiding

Colin_T

Fish Guru
Reaction score
The last time I saw tadpoles with legs was back in the early 70s. No frogs left here now thanks to herbicide spraying and land clearing for housing.

Rocky998

Kinda crazy, but somehow they let me stay
Reaction score
So after a few weeks my tadpoles have started showing leg growth. And today when I went to feed them the largest one had all four legs! S/he has a tail still but it’s all so exciting to see how they changeView attachment 161422View attachment 161423 I couldn’t get a picture of the other two but here are the ones that weren’t hiding
That's great to hear @Lemon!! How long does it take for them to turn into frogs?

OP
OP
Lemon

Lemon

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Thats not long at all! Super cool!
Feels like forever though when you’re watching them every day lol. I was able to give most of them away to friends . But I kept four because I am technically able to fit three more toads into my terrarium and I need a back up just in case 😅

Rocky998

Kinda crazy, but somehow they let me stay
Reaction score
Feels like forever though when you’re watching them every day lol. I was able to give most of them away to friends . But I kept four because I am technically able to fit three more toads into my terrarium and I need a back up just in case 😅
Peacock gudgeons take 4-5 MONTHS... So, forever is a relative term 😉😅

Most reactions

trending

Members online