Almost made a big mistake!

I can't believe the way you folks bash walmart ( I just buy batteries, underwear, socks - you know junk). Kmart is a hundred times worse. they have better selection than finding stuff on the side of the road, but worse service and prices.
 
Walmart is not Satan, so get over it. I'm sorry, but when your so poor shopping at walmart isn't even possible, then you can ***** to me about walmart ruining the world. I shop there because I can afford some of the stuff they sell, unlike these smaller stores where everything is overpriced. I'm glad for walmart, yes they cheapen things, but they keep people from living out of cardboard boxes.
 
Walmart is a short term scheep and a long term third world, if people looked at the big picture more often than the bottom line we would all be better off, and the sweat shops wouldnt have any walmarts to sell to.
 
I'm not going to bash Wal-mart as a whole because I prefer to pick my battles, and know that America is already too far gone to suddenly gain some common sense and start controlling the growth of big chain stores like that.... I just have a problem with them stocking fish :lol:

JDC, I don't know about them eating guppies... I guess they would, if they could easily fit them in their mouths? Here's a site with some info you might find interesting.

TANK: A 48" (122 cm) or 55 gallon (209 L) tank is only suitable for young individuals under 6" (15 cm). They grow quickly and need a large open area for swimming. Does best in substantially larger tanks (exceeding 60").
 
It is possible the 12" to 20" discrepancy could be because 12" is about the size in most aquariums, and 20" in the size they grow to in the wild. However, it is plainly clear that the number of these fish sold is far greater than the number that can be cared for properly by their owners.
 
Bignose said:
...and 20" in the size they grow to in the wild.
More like 40" or more, actually!
 
OKay the reason i am bashing wal-mart other then the uniforms they make their staff wear is becuz. They sell grocries, cloths, toys, FISH! everything you can possibly think of for alot cheaper then any other stores can sell for and its forcing other small ma and pa shops (like my fav LFS that closed) becuz they just cannot compete with the prices. And ontop of all the cash they rake in they still pay their employies MINIMUM wages its just plain dumb IMO :dunno:
 
Lol no offense, but I get most of my fish from Wal-mart, seeing as its like 1 of 2 places I can get fish, I only choose healty happy fish, with no or minimal dead fish in teh tank.


In no way am I defending Wal-mart, but its just becauseI have nowhere else to go, unless i'm plannign a 6 hour drive back from Edmonton holding fihs in plastic bags. :X
 
Dear Santa/god/jesus/allah/buddah/

Please stop Wal*Mart from ever entering Australia.

its a small ask :)

thanx

DD
 
I know this is a little early to be saying here sence I aint been around long, but here it goes,
Look at the Jeans I ware, WalMart, We don;t have a super Walmart yet so we don;t buy allot of food there, but yeah we do.......IT"S CHEAPER, Aldi's Also......If It wasn't for WalMart selling there stuff so cheap "including the fish" Most people in this counrty would be walking around in rags on the street........
Has Anyone here accually walked into a Walmart Sweat Shop? Have you Really Seen it?

There is NO WAY, we could afford to buy from stores like Target, Sears, J.C. Pennys, ect ect, and even think about eating any food, let alone pay the bills, and everything else one needs to servive these days........
I get mad at WalMart for what they do with there fish, But our LFS aint much better then them and 3 times higher on prices then WalMart.
Now turning to the LFS going out of Buisness because of WalMart, NAAAAAAA, Not only Walmart doing it....it;s the Internet as well if not more....I know allot of people who don;t buy from LFS or Walmart either one, they buy all there fish and supplys online....why, Because it is cheaper to do so.....
Why don't the LFS get there fish from the suppliers of walMart's fish? then they could lower fish prices a little more and sell more fish also.....
If you really stop and think about it for a minute, and I mean everyone,
Do you always grab for the Higher Price stuff, or do you buy the cheaper stuff because it works the same if not better then the more costly one?
 
Mr Aquarium said:
....it;s the Internet as well if not more....I know allot of people who don;t buy from LFS or Walmart either one, they buy all there fish and supplys online....why, Because it is cheaper to do so.....
I AM Mr. Online.

Petsolutions, BigAl's, eBay.

I hardly ever go to Wal-mart. They either don't carry it, or are too expensive. :P

JT
 

Most reactions

Back
Top