Allowing Members To Move Thier Own Threads

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Durbkat

Untrainable
Reaction score
I think it would be a good idea to allow members on here to move thier own topics once they realise they put it in the wrong section. Like if someone started a thread in the betta section asking what size filter they would need for a tank when its suppost to be in the tropical chit chat section so they can move it them selves instead of having to wait a day or two for a mod to be able to move it. :nod:

It's not something members can be given to do Durbkat,
William cant give us these "powers" with out making us a moderator etc,
its just how the Invison Boards are run (or atleast thats how they were run since last time i checked), they never delibrelty said we cant do these things, im sure it would be a great help to the Mods, but think of the people who might abuse this power.

DD

Oh I see.
not-sure.gif

DD is correct, it is not possible to grant such a power with the current version of IPB. I don't know of any bulletin board software that does allow it actually...

I may be stealing a thread here but it's not my intention. This probably isn't possible either but could we put a thread in two forums. Like if you have a sick gourami you could post it in labrynth and in emergencies, and if it's a new tank maybe beginner's too. This way there wouldn't be so much confusion when people do this. A post made in any of the threads would be posted in all of them. probably tons of problems with this that I haven't thought of though.

I have to agree with lateral line. I think having the individual ability to move a thread might lead to confusion. I think if one is in real dire straits with their tank, and a true emergency, no one is going to berate someone for posting an emergency request in more than one place. SH

Just to add to SH, if you put why you are double posting, and make it clear in the post, then people will be far more accepting of a double post, rather than thinking you are doing it for attention.

i once belonged to a forum which didnt alow double posting what so ever. the most common qoute was "edit button"........lol. sadly this place crashed due to a bad server and all 5(thats right 5) ressurections of it kinda died after a few months.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back