Aliens

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I actually believe that we are the Aliens on earth. That we originated on Orion and arrived as an energy, we adopted our Carbon form for identification purposes, and that when we die our energy will return to Orion. Which is our happy place.
Very compelling, I'd like to hear more. By "Orion" do you mean the constellation?

Very compelling, I'd like to hear more. By "Orion" do you mean the constellation?
Yes, Humans have always had a fascination for Orion, Why? That is where we belong. Nothing will ever travel time and space unless it is energy. Therefore, we travelled here as energy and adopted our Carbon bodies. Very few humans at some stage in their lives don't have an urge to go home, Home is Orion. We have religions that talk about Heaven (Orion) our home and ultimately where we will end up. When people die their energy hangs about for a while until their close ones feel comfortable and then that energy goes back to Orion. When we pass away, we will travel there too and reunite with our friends and family.

You know, I am descended from the O'Rourkes, and these O'Ryans of which you speak are alien to me. O'Farrels, McDonaghs... they are real.

I think you may have a typing problem. From what I have seen, Americans care deeply about Orios. Take the "n" off, and you have an argument. But the alien thing? I think the aliens just keep us as farm animals so we can care for them while they live in our aquarium filters and deal with the nitrogen cycle. Our planet is an excellent source of ammonia.

How about Tardigrades? They are my favourite animals but could they be the (or one of the aliens on Earth, if any) aliens here, considering that they can survive extreme temperatures and the space environment. Also, Scientists have found nothing related to Tardigrades and Tardigrades have lived here for a long time, surviving several extinctions.

Yes, Humans have always had a fascination for Orion, Why? That is where we belong. Nothing will ever travel time and space unless it is energy. Therefore, we travelled here as energy and adopted our Carbon bodies. Very few humans at some stage in their lives don't have an urge to go home, Home is Orion. We have religions that talk about Heaven (Orion) our home and ultimately where we will end up. When people die their energy hangs about for a while until their close ones feel comfortable and then that energy goes back to Orion. When we pass away, we will travel there too and reunite with our friends and family.

One could argue that the constellation of Orion doesn't even exist, in the true sense of what we believe it to be. We just think it's a load of stars equal distance from the earth that, when you join the dots up, make a nice picture!

In truth, in a true 3D sense, all the stars of Orion aren't at equal distance from the earth at all and would just look more like a disorganised cluster if mapped out in 3D.

Orion's belt for example are three stars that are staggered in distance from earth by many hundreds of light years. They are not in a nice little line at all, far from it.

The same can be said of all the other constellations too.

One could argue that the constellation of Orion doesn't even exist, in the true sense of what we believe it to be. We just think it's a load of stars equal distance from the earth that, when you join the dots up, make a nice picture!

In truth, in a true 3D sense, all the stars of Orion aren't at equal distance from the earth at all and would just look more like a disorganised cluster if mapped out in 3D.

Orion's belt for example are three stars that are staggered in distance from earth by many hundreds of light years. They are not in a nice little line at all, far from it.

The same can be said of all the other constellations too.
Also, it is likely that Betelgeuse has gone supernova (and smoked anything 'nearby', i.e. <50 ly) What we see now happened ~430 years ago.

Also, it is likely that Betelgeuse has gone supernova (and smoked anything 'nearby', i.e. <50 ly) What we see now happened ~430 years ago.
Betelgeuse is around the 600 light years mark away from earth. The boffins reckon it could go supernova any time. But if it went "pop" this afternoon people on earth wouldn't see anything until 600 or so years from now, if anybody was still on earth by that time that is!

It would be a sight to behold, it would light up the night sky far more brightly than even the brightest of full moons, and would last for months. You'd even be able to see it during daylight hours, that's how bright it would be!

Betelgeuse is an absolute monster of a star, but still small in comparison to other known leviathan's!

Nice comparison on the size of common stars

The first time I ever looked at those star comparison videos on you tube it totally blew my mind, lol.

You think you have a sort of understanding in your head of how big stuff is out there, but when you see actual images it just leaves you breathless.

Not just the size of stuff either, but the distances involved when you start talking on a universal scale. Mindboggling.

Most reactions

trending

Back