Algae problem

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Reaction score
That is not good, I would get a few more. The tank looks to be 60 cm (24 inches) length, is it? This is OK for a few more cories, and you have sand. A group of five or six or seven total would be advisable. These fish are not going to have as much impact, and given their social nature, they should never be alone.
THAnkyou for reminding me Cory's r social fish so the3 I was looking at buying wouldn't be enough... Tho I could add to them soon enough. I have the room n need help w algae. I've just begun to reduce light time. Looking for my tanks happy balance still. It's only 3or 4 months still
16272162152496305734061555044118.jpg

THAnkyou for reminding me Cory's r social fish so the3 I was looking at buying wouldn't be enough... Tho I could add to them soon enough. I have the room n need help w algae. I've just begun to reduce light time. Looking for my tanks happy balance still. It's only 3or 4 months still
View attachment 140421
Another way to reduce the light would be to put something on that back panel, such as a printed background, or a moulded background, or even just a piece of dark card. This would also serve to make your equipment less visible.
...And then perhaps some more plants, which should out-compete the algae for resources.
Do you have any snails or fish in there yet? (I know you said it was 'only 3 or 4 months'.

The light is too intense, or on for far too long, hence the algae issues.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back