Albuquerque Aquarium

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

rdd1952

Swim with the Fishes
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
We just got back from a trip to Albuquerque and a visit to the aquarium, zoo & botanical gardens. The aquarium wasn't the biggest or nicest I've been to but they did have some nice displays.

African Cichlid tank at entrance to restaurant and gift shop. One of the nice features about the restaurant was that you could see the large SW tank from almost everywhere so you could watch the fish as you ate. Some of the tables were actually right beside the tank.
AfricanTank.jpg

Large Arowana tank at restaurant. The best I could make out it was about 15' long, 2' deep and 4' high. Because of the windows and location of the tank, it was very difficult to get a good photo without glare. I took probably 30 to 40 photos of the tank and the fish and most were really bad. Tank had 4 aros and a FW ray in it.
ArrowanaTank.jpg

Arrowana.jpg

FWRay.jpg

QueenAngel.jpg

FrenchAngelfish.jpg

Lobster.jpg

Porgie.jpg

Moray.jpg

Tang.jpg

YellowTang.jpg

Seahorse.jpg

Turtle.jpg

Up close with a grouper.
Grouper.jpg

One of my favorites but almost impossible to get a shot of was this small, well camoflagued flounder. You can see his eyes well. He was actually swimming when I made this but it's hard to tell.
CamoFlounder.jpg

wow minted photos.!!those moray eels ( glove puppets) ( is that what it is? )scare the life out of me,
the sea horse is soo sweet, the photos are of excellent quality though.how big is that grouper?? sorry im taking so long posting im having to go back and look again, they really are fantastic pics well done

Thanks. The moray was standing on his tail. He was in the same tank with the grouper. There were probably 15 or more morays in there with most of them being rather large. The grouper was about 2 foot long and he wasn't the largest in the tank but he was laying with his face right up against the glass.

Love the turtle pic! All the others are great as well. :good:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back