Aggressive Parrot Cichlid

I thanked you for your help and suggestions.

Further investigation would reveal the quote you made from my text was taken out of context. You missed the clear indication, "ha-ha" and animated smiles, as intended to portray comic relief on a now sour topic.

Good night.

i think there was a LOT of missead posts there for a while reading thro it (slowly as it got a bit confusing)most of the replies were ment in a funny way and misread.

carm down peaple

I think its all good. Its hard to know even with the emoticons exactly how a person intends something to come across.
And when you throw in things like hybrids and dyed fish, a lot of high emotions do come into play. Those are both very controversial subjects for fishkeepers that know about these things.
I'm sure no one really meant to upset anyone else.

Peace! (hey smb, could we get a smilie giving the peace sign?)

Everybody take a deep breath....ok...good. Alright now, in the future if I want you're opinion on something I'll give it to you.... :p OK that was meant as a joke, nothing serious here, after all we are still talking about fish here, it's not like we are discussing BBQ. :grr:

Fortunately the Rosy Barb is able to significantly out maneuver the Parrot Cichlid.
Both fish were taken out of my 100gal at the same time and introduced to the 18gal together because both were trying to kill other inhabitance of my 100gal tank. "smb", your experience, detailed in your responses to my topic, outlined the Parrot Cichlid's behavior will not change. Currently I have no other tank to separate the Rosy Barb from the Parrot Cichlid; I can only hope the Parrot will retreat from his antics.

Disclaimer: (The above response was written without the intentions of humor or misrepresentation).

To everyone who responded to lighten the commentary, thank you!! This forum has been a welcome grace to my tanks. :D

Jennifer_R said:
I thanked you for your help and suggestions.

Further investigation would reveal the quote you made from my text was taken out of context.  You missed the clear indication, "ha-ha" and animated smiles, as intended to portray comic relief on a now sour topic.

Good night.
No I didn't. I wasn't angry at all. Sorry if it came across like that. The part about the opinions does look bad now that I go and reread it but it was never meant the way it looked in text.

The fact that I don't like blood parrots was what I meant about opinions and it wasn't meant bad toward you just was mentioning it is all.

Most reactions

Back