After Hearing More And More About Music Therapy...

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

HarpyFishLover

Fishaholic
Reaction score
...I wonder if it can be applied to fish. I've read a lot about the effects of music therapy (particularly harp therapy) for the sick and the weak (humans here, nobody has ever said anthing about fish). I've also noticed that my parents and siblings are indeed affected by my music... for example, slow, soft music tends to make them slightly more relaxed, while quick, loud music tends to agitate a little. I have also noticed that my fish are definitely affected by sounds, and I believe they learn what different sounds mean. I'm just curious if the vibrations or the music itself effects them in good or bad ways. Also, I wonder if, for example, you had a sick fish, that was recovering with difficulty, and you played music for it... if it would help it in any way. Just some thoughts... I'm looking forward to your responses!

Well I used to have some decks and mix house music when I had some spare time, and my daughter who is a teen loves all that teen rubbish (5SOS, etc) and I can honestly say I havent seen a difference in them....
but I have had some work done to my house and they do swim erratically when the drill is going...

My fish like Jamaican reggae music...especially Bob Marley ;)

I did notice that when my mom was grinding grain that my guppy Max was swimming around as if he was saying, "Excuse me, owner, would you make that noise stop?"

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back