African Spotted Leaf Fish

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

CichliNoob

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
My African spotted leaf fish tank houses 3 of them.it is 30g.I love watching them hunt down the minnows I give them any other fish I could feed these? Can I feed them lizards?

Are you raising the minnows yourself or buying them from an LFS? I ask because feeders are usually a good way to give your fish parasites.
They're also not very nutritious, unless ofcourse you are feeding them with high quality food and then feeding them to your fish.

I have not heard of feeding lizards before so I can't say on that.

"Dried foods are not usually accepted, although some specimens learn to take them. Although it’s a predator by nature, it is very easy to wean onto dead alternatives. Offer a varied diet composed of frozen foods such as prawn, bloodworm, mussel etc., along with the occasional live treat of earthworms or mealworms." Taken from HERE.

I personally feed mine frozen blood worms, earthworm sticks from kensfish, and frozen brine shrimp. He also likes to eat my plecos veggie sticks.
tongue2.gif
He'll get shrimp as well once he's a little bigger.

Do you have any pictures of yours? It's always nice to see them, they're too cute
happy.png

Ctenopoma acutirostre are very easy to feed dried foods, my four year old group eat Tetra Prima; Doromin; Cichlid XL; New Era Tropical Pellet; New Era Plec Pellet; Hikari Cichlid Gold.

Feeder fish, besides the whole ethical debate (it is illegal to use them in the UK), are a major risk for hobby fish. It is not uncommon for them to be riddled with diseases, partly because of how they are raised.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back