Jonty
Fish Addict
- Joined
- Mar 4, 2009
- Messages
- 744
- Reaction score
- 0
- Points
- 0
Hi
I've just bought a 60l Tetra AquaArt tank and like the idea of keeping African Dwarf Frogs.
So, some questions that have popped into my head:
Do I need to cycle? - I've read frogs don't produce much waste
How many can I keep in a 60l aquarium - looks like this dimensions 57x30x35cm.
Would a just frog tank be good visually? Do they just keep to the bottom?
I've read that limbs can be caught in a filter - can I put some cheap materiel in front of the filter that wouldn't be bad for the frogs?
Does anyone have pics or can advise on a really good frog setup?
Is sand a good substrate for frogs?
What is the best way of feeding them?
Sorry for the overload of questions
Thanks, Jonty
I've just bought a 60l Tetra AquaArt tank and like the idea of keeping African Dwarf Frogs.
So, some questions that have popped into my head:
Do I need to cycle? - I've read frogs don't produce much waste
How many can I keep in a 60l aquarium - looks like this dimensions 57x30x35cm.
Would a just frog tank be good visually? Do they just keep to the bottom?
I've read that limbs can be caught in a filter - can I put some cheap materiel in front of the filter that wouldn't be bad for the frogs?
Does anyone have pics or can advise on a really good frog setup?
Is sand a good substrate for frogs?
What is the best way of feeding them?
Sorry for the overload of questions
Thanks, Jonty
Sand is more softer than gravel and gentle. pretty sure it's good.
) and the filter's current would push it down. Frog's will get anything on the surface of the gravel/sand. They won't go up to it and nibble. They'll strike at it, and back up.






