Advise Please

Gilli

Gilli
Joined
Mar 4, 2008
Messages
1,904
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
England
Ok so im upgrading my tank to a 250 L one. been running a new filter alongside the filter in my mature tank for 6 weeks so its seeded and ready for when the new tank arrives.

Ive had a spot of bother with fungus which ive managed to get under control but when I get the new tank id like to take advantage of it being thoroughly clean so I dont want to put any of the water from the mature tank in unless its absolutely necessary for obvious reasons. I will be putting new gravel in too.

So can I add all fresh water seeing as the filter will be mature? (obviously I will declohrinate it as usual)
 
You can, but if you are transferring fish from th old tank, acclimate them as you would if you had just picked them up...
 
whenever i get a new tank - matured filter like you
i never add any of the old water i always add all new water (treated ) and float 4 heaters to warm it up quickly :)
 
Thank you for your replies. Thats good then. I will run the new tank for a few days to make sure all is well and that the water is the corect temp before transferring the fish.
 
From what i've learnt fungus is present in all tanks, you only see it though when a fish gets some sort of wound or something like that. So don't get annoyed if you get fungus in the clean tank :)

If only I had the space to upgrade :D
 

Most reactions

Back
Top