Adding Firemouth Cichlid And Paradise Fish To Community Tank

MrNiceGuy

Fishaholic
Joined
Apr 6, 2009
Messages
453
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I have a well planted 20 gallon tank with plenty of hiding spots. Inside i have

about a dozen tetras (different types)
1 weather loach
2 small silverdollars (very small)
and 6 corys

I want to add an eye-catching fish. I originally tried a betta but he was torn up by my tetras. Now I'm thinkin a paradise fish and a firemouth cichlid. Good idea? bad idea?
 
Paradise fish prefer cooler water temperatures then the tetras, but are pretty tough. They are a bit nippy, but should be ok in with the tetras. Assuming none of them have long fins like Black Skirts etc.... What kind of tetras do you have?

The firemouth wouldn't be a good idea, as they are aggressive and get too large for a 20 gallon.

Also beaware that the Silver dollars will get too large for a 20 gallon as well.
 
I want to add an eye-catching fish. I originally tried a betta but he was torn up by my tetras. Now I'm thinkin a paradise fish and a firemouth cichlid. Good idea? bad idea?

It's good that you have came here now, rather than never, so you don't have to "try" any more fish such as the Betta.

I think before you consider another fish as a centre piece, you should probably change the stocking you have.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top