Acclimatising Fish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

benthyer

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I just picked up two new angels from my LFS and I have had an accident.

Whilst I had them in the bag acclimatising it tipped over when I took my eyes off it. I am no concerned about whether the shock of changing water so quickly will harm them or kill them and also about any unwanted nasties that may be in the LFS water.

What's should I do? Just monitor them and see how it goes?  Do a WC to try and give them some nice fresh clean water?

Both angels survived the night and are both absolutely fine 
good.gif

The temp. difference is not all that much of an issue. In the wild they experience dry and rainy seasons where the changeover brings much cooler water. The real issue is what might have been in the bag water. And for that overnight means little, you need to monitor for some time. I will normally Q fish for this reason for anywhere from one to three months depending on their source.

I have been keeping a close eye on it and will continue to for a while, I will also be doing a WC to get some fresh water in which will hopefully help reduce any threat that might be in the LFS water

I don't think that it will harm them in any way but I don't trust LFS water anyway lol

When I float fish I use a clothes peg or something similar to anchor the bag the the rim of the tank. Glad your angels are doing well!

Most reactions

trending

Back