Accidently Caught A Bunch Of Little....

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

dixaisy930

I'm trying really hard to act normal
Reaction score
I accidently left my sun coral "covered" all night with a plastic bowl last night to keep the shrimp from stealing food. When I turned the light on this morning and noticed about ten little shrimp-like things (I would say they are about 1/4 the size of an adult brine shrimp). I was hoping it was baby cleaners or pepps since both just hatched eggs a few days ago. Has anyone ever seen newly hatched peps or cleaners? I also think it could be skeleton shrimp. There is no color to these, and they are very skinny. I was able to save about five of them in the bowl. Any suggestions for a set-up to see if these grown into anything?

sounds more like pods to me. Copopods or amphipods. Good natural food source

I've seen copeopods and amphipods in my tank before. These look totally different. You can see a "spine" on them with four or six appendages coming off of the "spine". All of the appendages are at the front of the body, and I can't see any near the tail end.

I would try and get a pic of them but :lol: the size and my camera skills would not let that happen.

I've seen copeopods and amphipods in my tank before. These look totally different. You can see a "spine" on them with four or six appendages coming off of the "spine". All of the appendages are at the front of the body, and I can't see any near the tail end.

I would try and get a pic of them but :lol: the size and my camera skills would not let that happen.

I thought I had baby pepps once, they turned out to be mysis shrimp, great little shrimps tho, and loved it in the sump.

I think baby pepps look identical to mysis shrimp, so wait and see if they grow, or molt..

i just dumped them back in the tank. Too much work to raise them in a seperate system. :lol:

Maybe if I set up a fuge, I'll try and catch them the same way and transfer them and see what happens.

Most reactions

Back