A Question

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

DeadlyAlliance

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey i was wondering if it would be harmful to the fish to put a bamboo plant in the tank. I wouldnt do it but i was just curious to see what you guys thought.

I've seen other people do it, but to me it looks tacky so I never have. :p

daza said:
Is this the sort of thing you have got in mind?
hmm, that could be, I've never seen that before. I was thinking of something kind of like this Click Here the bamboo shoots that hang their roots in the water.

I've added non waxed bamboo to my tanks and bettas bowls and find it quite NOT tacky. It grows amazing and hasnt effected a fish yet. Here's my 35 gallon where you can see the small and tall bamboo:
thirthyfive.jpg

Looks tacky to me, but everybody is entitled to their own opinion. :p

The bamboo in snowyz tanks look great! No opinions allowed here besides this one :p

Hello, these plants are called "fortune bamboo", and sometimes known as "bambusa".They are not actually a real bamboo. They are in fact a species of "Dracaena"
These plants will not last all that long in an aquarium, as they are not a true aquatic plant. However, its a bit of fun,and as long as you remove discolouring shutes and leaves, they wont harm your fish. They will probably last a couple of months. Hope you find this helpfull. Rupert, Somerset, England.

Most reactions

Back