A odd question

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Tropicalfishfn

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Well i was reading about cherry barbs and it said it needs some attention ?

Does it mean it needs other fish to chase it around or what ?

I know it sounds crazy but i was confused :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

well pecefull but timid it says here ive just realised i was talking cherry barbs and not tiger i almost put that they where violent heh i should lay off the forum and get back to work im not concentrating anymore. here is the link not catfish

Could it mean they need you to pay attention to them and talk to them? I know if some fish are ignored they will become skittish and hide when anyone comes around :/

I keep on hearing that mabey i should to some of my fish. I didn't know.

Well, I have two cherry barbs, and I can't imagine what that means. Where did you read it and what was the context?

I talk to my little puffers every day, and they immediately swim to the front of the tank when they hear me in the room, but on those occasions when I'm working a long stretch of night shifts and don't get to see them for a few days at a time they have a tendency to shy away from the front when I first approach, after a day or 2 of talking to them again they are back to normal.

edit: I make a point of talking to all our fish while I'm feeding them, and most of them now respond to my voice by begging for food :lol: :lol: ...that whole Pavlov's Dog thing.

I went back to it and i can't find it. It must of been some other i was thinking about.

Your'e mad Pufferpack :lol: But in this case who is Pavlov & who is the dog?

perhaps you are the one who has been trained by the fish

Your'e mad Pufferpack But in this case who is Pavlov & who is the dog?

perhaps you are the one who has been trained by the fish

:lol: :lol: ...I resigned myself to that long ago, I'm a cat owner so I know who is the trainer and who is the trainee :lol: :lol:

I was looking up cherry barbs for another thread and I saw two references to them needing "little attention" and suchlike. You probably just misread it to mean that they need attention when it actually means the reverse.

That's my best guess anyway. ;)

Doesn't eveyone talk to their fish? :lol: :lol: I know, I know, my family thinks I'm a whack-job. :S

Most reactions

trending

Back