A Nice Playful Environment

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

blitztidus

Spirited Away
Reaction score
Well, I have seen that many people do much more successful with their livebearers and they seem to be more active if there are fun things added to their environment in your living room, bedroom, etc. . Well, as all of us know, STRESS KILLS. Ok, if, for example, you were a fish, what would you want to do all day, would you swim around in crazy lines, stare at the other fish, hide from mean fish, eat, that is about all your fish would do which could get boring :( . A boring life causes stress on fish, but just a little. Now if you want your fish to be :D and :hyper: , then you should look into geting diffent settings for your fish. Somethings livebearers like are, in my experiences, bubble walls, caves (not just one hole but a cave "system"), things to hang out by like thick plants, and other fish. This would definately brighten up the day for your fish! This would also brighten up your day as it adds livelyness to your livebearers and make them more enjoyable to watch. I couldn't come up with anything else that makes their day mor fun so more are apreciated :D

The best way to make your Livebearers more active is to provide a healthy enviroment for them. This includes:
  • Keeping them in their ideal conditions.
  • Feeding them a variety of foods, especially alternating in veggies and high-protein foods.
  • Giving them an adequate tank size.
  • Giving them hiding places, so they feel safe.
  • Planting up the tank.
  • Keeping the water stats good.
A healthy Livebearer is a happy, active Livebearer. Also, one of the biggest problems, I think, is tank size. In the wild they aren't restricted to a small enviroment, they can swim around and explore and such. I would definitely recommend a bigger-then-needed tank size for all the Livebearers. My Livebearers became so much more active in moving to a 90g, it's amazing. If you want it in human terms, think of staying inside your room your whole life. That'd be dull. You like to be outside, stretch your legs, see new things...same for fish.

The larger tank idea flew right over my head, but definately agree with that. I just felt like bringing this topic up for any who don't know what is the best environment for livebearers and an easy way to releave stress.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back