A Molly's Story From One Drop To The Next

Status
Not open for further replies.
this looks just like my molly=)) this was a lot of help i think my mollie is at between day 10-18

My molly looks a little different. She is orange instead of yellow, and has red eyes. :blink:
lol

Red eyes is an albino trait. My mollies have very dense coloring that happens to be a yellowish color with some white coloring in the lower body area. An albino is achieving the light coloring by lacking melanin in their skin, which might otherwise give them a darker color. From what I have been reading lately, many albino mollies are more fry eaters than the ones wioth the black eyes. Keep an eye on your female if she drops fry because the poor eyesight associated with albinism means the fry won't notice the danger until it is too late.

Red eyes is an albino trait. My mollies have very dense coloring that happens to be a yellowish color with some white coloring in the lower body area. An albino is achieving the light coloring by lacking melanin in their skin, which might otherwise give them a darker color. From what I have been reading lately, many albino mollies are more fry eaters than the ones wioth the black eyes. Keep an eye on your female if she drops fry because the poor eyesight associated with albinism means the fry won't notice the danger until it is too late.
Really? That's interesting. She dropped fry a couple of days ago, (27) and didn't bother them at all. Weird. Wouldn't that mean that the mother wouldn't be able to see her fry either though?

Thanks for that guys. I was working to try to set up a series with Laurafrog and a few others. Things didn't work out so well for the group of us and I had my pictures so I decided to post anyway.

What a Great knowledge...

I had 4 losses this morning 4 fry died so there is 47 left is it normal for some to die off.

I never count my fry so I am not certain. When I have a new drop, I often find about 30 fry from my livebearers. A month later I seem to have about 30 fry.

My fry are 16 days old and some are more like fuller bodied than others,like some look like they have taken the shape of a male molly and others female but I guess I won't know until they are bigger.

My molly fry are going on 3 weeks old this week, and the mother to them fell pregnant straight away and already looks like shes going to burst how long before she has the second lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back