A loach story

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

tear-scar

Fish Addict
Reaction score
This morning I woke up, and decided to see how my new clown loaches were coming along in their extermination project of the snails in my tank. Then I noticed . . . one of them was MISSING!!

All the caves and hide outs I made in this tank are visible at certain angles, so I was really worried.

Confused, I calmed myself down, and decided to wait awhile before jumping to conclusions, so I backed off and started surfing the net on a nearby computer. After all, I figured a clever loach might find alternative hiding spots in any tank.

But after a couple minutes, I heard a frantic splashing sound. I moved back to the tank to investigate, and another of my loaches was missing!

Frantic now, I opened the lid and looked all about, but still no loaches! But then, as I leaned in, some water splashed up from the bio-wheel compartment. Blah! Beneficial bacteria all over my face!!

Annoyed, I pulled out the bio-wheel and sure enough, the two missing loaches were squirming around . . . they had swam through the water fall to get in!
:blink:

good story... i had some fun experiences with the loaches too... Most of the time they act dead. For instance, 3 days ago, I saw one of the loaches floating sideways and I really thought it was dead! i caught it with my hand but it started moving as i was holding it so i put it back on the water and it started swimming like nothing happened... ;)

that's hilarious...

does the loach help with the snail problem?? i bought a plant and some hitched a ride into my tank, and now they've multiplied...

I had some louches and one of them went missing it wasn't anywhere, not even in the filter. When i was moving the fish into a larger tank i looked everwhere and couldn't see it even when there was not water left and was taking everthing out. I spent ages looking thriugh the gravel

I STILL DON'T KNOW WHERE IT WENT

Most reactions

Back