A Fish Tub

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

furry catfish

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi everyone :shout: I saw a tub In the £1 store and it was huge.I was going to use it for books and all that.But on closer inspection I saw it was so much bigger than I thought it was,alot bigger than half of my fish tanks and I'l be replacing my filter soon so that leaves me with a spare filter.not an amazing one but it works.It's made of plastic,if that is any differance.And It's volume is 14 gallons and It doesnt have a lid so it will be cold water,very cold water.Any way,what cold water fish could I put in there

thanks

chris :hyper:

sounds fine to me but im not sure what you will be able to keeep in it proberly just wcmm or danios because its cold water. some snails and shrimps might be ok depending on the temp?

Betta,sorry don't have a pond to put them in when they grow.And kizno,what danios would you suggest? and would a hillstream loach be ok in that tank?

leopard danios do good in coldwater. a hillstrem loach will be fine aslong as you have alot of current in there. did you get my pm?

it was just about the cichlids but you replyed to it. what temp is your house? because cherry shrimp will be ok and some corys if ita about 20c.

Betta,sorry don't have a pond to put them in when they grow.And kizno,what danios would you suggest? and would a hillstream loach be ok in that tank?
A weather loach or two would be OK in cold water. They are great fun to watch -look like mini eels and keep twisting their bodies round rocks and plants

Keep in mind that these tubs are not made to hold water. They will bow out under the stress of being filled. If you plan to fill it more than halfway, you should look into bracing it somehow. I use cinderblock bricks around the tub to brace it. But you could also build a simple 2x4 frame.

A weather loach or two would be OK in cold water. They are great fun to watch -look like mini eels and keep twisting their bodies round rocks and plants
i think weather loaches need 55 gallons,a good filter and a group of 6
Keep in mind that these tubs are not made to hold water. They will bow out under the stress of being filled. If you plan to fill it more than halfway, you should look into bracing it somehow. I use cinderblock bricks around the tub to brace it. But you could also build a simple 2x4 frame.
i think I'll only fill it half way,it will be a nice swampy looking setup

have you thought about a fire bellied newt or something else like that and have the tank half water half land and then there wouldnt be to much stress on the tank.

I have but then remebered that they are crafty little buggers and I don't have a lid.And I have enough trouble keeping my current newts in a lidded tank :rolleyes:

I have but then remebered that they are crafty little buggers and I don't have a lid.And I have enough trouble keeping my current newts in a lidded tank :rolleyes:

With the tub, a sheet of eggcrate lighting diffuser and a few heavy rocks should do the trick.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back