A different M. boesemani Rainbow.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Stan510

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I saw this today and hope its ok..could be breeding colors as its over 5" and about 2 and half years old. But, PINK?
Here's how it looked for an hour or so.

Attachments

• IMG_3838 (1) (1).jpg
    IMG_3838 (1) (1).jpg
    372.9 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
The color returned to normal. I was cleaning the window glass and the wifey and i added more sheer curtains as too much sun causing a bit too much algae. I guess that stressed this one fish into a color I've never seen before on a Rainbow fish,pink.
Breeders world over now know- they have the DNA to make a pink color. A natural pink..no glow in the dark.

I swear- that was NOT enhanced color. It was pink. For just that hour.

Today almost near lights out time...he turned a very pale pink,then almost white. So,its a late day show -off routine he's starting.
btw,M.parva are always in breeding mode..both sexes flash and chase all day it seems.

Looks beautiful whether he was stressed or not! I'm just new into rainbow fish, m.praecox, m.boesemani and just yesterday m.parva....they absolutely fascinate me that they can change their colours like they do!

I added the Parva because I had a boesemani bully who wouldn't share 'his' territory. The Parva male is much bigger than him so its sorted the aggression out but the colour popping from the boesemani is incredible! I've had him a few months and never seen him display like that so I'm dead chuffed!

Funny I was thinking that the M.parva is a hybrid because the female looks so much like a female M. boesemani..just smaller. As far as this pink male- it's the only one of 7 or 8 larger to show that color. What he has in the family DNA is anybody's guess. Glad I took the photo though. That's how it looked..I did my best not to enhance color- I even paled it a bit to look "live". Its the largest male..but one other is older and more hunchback with normal color but is the number 1 bossfish. They all get along fine. Why Rainbows make great fish to keep.

Lol just because it is a hybrid means you shouldn't breed it? It's a cool looking fish.

Well, it might be a hybrid, but I'm not so sure. Rainbowfish can be highly variable in their coloration, sometimes from moment to moment. If it was that color for an hour then returned to "normal" boesemani coloring? Might have just been a passing mood.

I think so. It wasn't as pink the next day and no change at all after that. But,pink is there someplace in Boseys DNA.

Well,I was fooled again Who. That fish is a pale pink right now. Not as strong as the photo,but my wife confirmed its a pink shade. He's fine..was looking at me in sort of a feed me mode.

Still healthy and going pink in the evening usually.

Wow! So beautiful! Ive never seen a pink like that on a rainbow fish!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back