A 12" Cube Tank For £40...custom Made

Curiosity101

Is now at University! :D
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
5,527
Reaction score
4
Points
38
Location
Uk, Nottinghamshire
I can't make up my mind whether to get one or not.
It hold 28l as opposed to 14l that the plastic 'Tom-Pla' one I was going to get.
The custom 28l glass is £40 with no lid (like clearseal)
The plastic 14l is £10 and obviously has a plastic lid.

I'm seriously thinking of getting the £40 one, and then creating a simple sliding lid for it...they can do one for £18 extra. And then adding lights myself...the only reasonable option they had was an arc pod at £33.99. Plus I want to add a small loop on the front which I can fit a small padlock on. Like a diary padlock. To keep any prying uni friends out lol.

Can all you fishy people justify the money for me...because altogether it may come to about £60 when fixtures included.
 
You can get a 12inch cube aqua start 320 with hood, light and undergravel filter for around £35,

but IMO though unless you are only after a betta or a few shrimp and endlers you would be better off with a slighly bigger tank
 
Seems a bit expensive to me. I'm sure I paid only about £20 for my 12" cube tank that has a sliding glass lid. Can't remember who manufactured it, though. I bought it at my LFS a year ago, for my male betta.

I'd keep looking for a better bargain than £40/£60... try Googling/Ebay/local newspaper ads/ringing all your local LFS stockists etc.

If I can find out the name of my tank I'll let you know - not sure if my LFS still stocks them though.

Athena
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
well if your going to spend £60 on it, then you may aswell get an Elite 35L. it has the lid, lights and heater and filter.. same price

whats the reason for wanting a custom cube? :S
 
You can get a 12inch cube aqua start 320 with hood, light and undergravel filter for around £35,

but IMO though unless you are only after a betta or a few shrimp and endlers you would be better off with a slighly bigger tank

It is for shrimp actually! lol

Seems a bit expensive to me. I'm sure I paid only about £20 for my 12" cube tank that has a sliding glass lid. Can't remember who manufactured it, though. I bought it at my LFS a year ago, for my male betta.

I'd keep looking for a better bargain than £40/£60... try Googling/Ebay/local newspaper ads/ringing all your local LFS stockists etc.

If I can find out the name of my tank I'll let you know - not sure if my LFS still stocks them though.

Athena

The one you got hold of sounds great...if you could find a name then I'd be grateful


well if your going to spend £60 on it, then you may aswell get an Elite 35L. it has the lid, lights and heater and filter.. same price

whats the reason for wanting a custom cube? :S

Custom cube because I want to maximise water volume for the space it will take up. (It'll be in my uni room where space is limited). Many tanks you buy ready made...clearseal for example, are rectangular and not very tall. I don't want a larger volume to allow more occupants, just to make it a bit easier to maintain..and it'll be a better use of space if it's a cube.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top