95L/25G Stocking Help And Suggestions

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Gidge

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi all!

So as per the title, I have a 95L (25G) tank.

• Dimensions: 2ftW x 40cmH x 36cmD It's quite a tall tank with not much of a footprint which concerns me with stocking.
  • Substrate: White sand.
  • Filter: It's one of those built in ones. Where the filter pads etc are through the top of the tank. I bought a larger power head a while ago for it.
  • Cycled.

So I have a few ideas of fish I would like to put in there. Guess I'll just jump right in and give you guys a list!

I'd like to have one of the following as my main fish in the tank;

• Firemouths - pair
  • Kribensis - pair
  • German Blue Rams - pair
  • Bolivian Rams - pair

I'm almost 100% that I can't put an Angel in there, but thought I'd throw that in as well.

Schooling/Shoaling/Dither Fish
  • Hengle Rasbora (6-8)
  • Harlequin Rasbora (6-8)
  • Black Neon Tetra (6-8)
I'm hoping for suggestions on others I could put in there. I don't want live bearers. So no platys, mollies, guppies etc etc.

Bottom Feeders
  • Sterbai Corydora (4-6)
  • Peppered Corydora (4-6)
  • Khuli Loaches (4-6)
Can I keep one type of Corydora and Khuli Loaches? I don't know much about Khuli's.

So they're my thoughts as of now. Obviously I can't have all of them, it's just a list to choose from :)
The other problem is, I have to please my Dad! He wants african cichlids, but I've told him there is noooooo way that's going to happen haha. So I'm trying to pursuade him into the smaller cichlids ;)
I really really would love a pair of Firemouths, so can someone come at me with good news? :p

Thanks in advance guys. I think I've covered everything I wanted to. Any suggestions are more then welcome!

Sorry Gidge, to small for a pair of firemouths. There are tons of dwarf cichlids, SA and African that would work well. Apistogrammas, Nanacara, Nanachromis, Laetacara and other Pelvachromis are all available, although some may be special order. Personally I like the harlequin rasboras and would do 8-10, also 6 Sterbai cories and 6 kuhlis would be fine.

I'd go with the bolivian ram pair, kuhli loaches, and either the harlequins or the black neons :good:

My personal choice would be:

8 black neons (THE STRIP OF COLOUR ON THEM IS SO COOL!!!!!!)
6 peppered cories (slightly sensitive, but still relatively hardy)
a pair of German blue rams (the blue shimmer just puts them above the other choices)

Sorry Gidge, to small for a pair of firemouths. There are tons of dwarf cichlids, SA and African that would work well. Apistogrammas, Nanacara, Nanachromis, Laetacara and other Pelvachromis are all available, although some may be special order. Personally I like the harlequin rasboras and would do 8-10, also 6 Sterbai cories and 6 kuhlis would be fine.
Crushed :(
I had a feeling I wouldn't be able to get away with it, but still, I was hopeful. I did think about the Apistogrammas, but they're pretty hard to get around here. I think I've seen 1 once! I could probably special order them, but then I'm worried I won't like the ones that come in.
I'll have to look up the other ones you mentioned.

Thanks for all the input guys! Could I have the Black Neons and the Harlequins or Hengle's?

Yes on the rasboras and tetras. Just remember that if you get apistos, they are usually young and don't show much color.

What part of Australia are you in?

Lovely area from pictures I've seen. There has to be some good fish shops in a large city such as that. At least someone who does special orders... Maybe these guys
http://www.aquotix.com/
http://www.perthaquarium.com.au/index.phtml

Lovely area from pictures I've seen. There has to be some good fish shops in a large city such as that. At least someone who does special orders... Maybe these guys
http://www.aquotix.com/
http://www.perthaquarium.com.au/index.phtml

Thanks for that! Those places are a bit of a trip from me, but I'm thinking I'm just gonna have to bite the bullet and make the trip!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back