95gal stocking ideas

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

shaziasadiqah

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello,

can anyone give me some advice on stocking my 95gal tank?

at the moment this tank already have

1 blackghost knife (25cm)
1 synodontis catfish (10cm)
A pair of angelfish
6 sulawesi snails

do i keep it like this or i can add some more fish? Nothing crazy maybe i want a school of bigger tetra.

but if i already overstocked the tank i’ll just leave this tank like this.

in the future i plan to upgrade the tank to be 150gal

right now there are 3 sponge filters running and a canister filter for 100gal.

It has driftwood and heavily planted.

thank you :)

The temperature range is right, but isn't the water hardness between the Sulawesi snails and pretty much everything else especially the black ghost mismatched? The snails need hard basic water and the Black ghost knife fish are usually in soft acidic water. Besides the snails, everything you are listing is soft acidic water needing or tolerant. I think under such conditions you are limited to snails like Ramshorn and Malaysian Trumpet Snails. All the more interesting snails require a neutral or basic pH and harder water.

If you are going to be at the upper end of the temperature range for the fish you propose (82 F, 28 C) you could try adding discuss if you are up for the challenge. They sure are pretty.

Clown loaches should also fit under those conditions and they can be colorful and often have a fun personality.

The temperature range is right, but isn't the water hardness between the Sulawesi snails and pretty much everything else especially the black ghost mismatched? The snails need hard basic water and the Black ghost knife fish are usually in soft acidic water. Besides the snails, everything you are listing is soft acidic water needing or tolerant. I think under such conditions you are limited to snails like Ramshorn and Malaysian Trumpet Snails. All the more interesting snails require a neutral or basic pH and harder water.

If you are going to be at the upper end of the temperature range for the fish you propose (82 F, 28 C) you could try adding discuss if you are up for the challenge. They sure are pretty.

Clown loaches should also fit under those conditions and they can be colorful and often have a fun personality.

thank you, i plan to move my snails to my platy tank which have 7.5 PH because i add crushed corals, my water straight from my tap is very soft (with PH only 6)

i guess i'll keep my stocking as is, in a way i like this tank to be peaceful with very little fish swimming around except for the Angels :)

oh and since i live in a tropical country i don't run any heaters and my water temperature pretty much always the same around 26 to 30 C.

Thank you :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back