850litre tank!! 5x3x2

I have 4 tanks in my room,

1 has the filter inlet submerged as the tank is semi-filled for the crabs.
another has a venturi kit on it which i turn off at night.
then on my 2 big tanks i slow the externals down at night so there isn't much disturbance, I reakon i might beable to sleep in the room with the big tank now though.

oh yeah and the bill for for the wood came through, it's £45 plus VAT

Oh and my bro brought my lights round today, so will get them hung soon and start moving the fish around, probable my oscar and maybe sevrums first.

update!!

Well over the past few days I'ved been sorting my lighting out, my bro delivered my 3 5 ft ballasts last week and then got my 3 hard wired timers for them.

last night i wired up the ballasts to the timers and expected me bro to be coming round today to fix the timers up to the mains, turned out he can't so i decided to witre 1 up to see what it looks like and here are the results!!

Attachments

• DSCN4102.JPG
    DSCN4102.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 49
Brother was round last night and wired up the timers so the tank is completely up and running now.

I have it so the blue is on few hours at night and morning, the original tropical comes on while the blue is stil on and same at night. the marine white comes on for about 6 hours around mid day.

Great looking tank paul

I came kind of late But I'd like to encourage you to sheath the sides of the tank in plywood, the cross braces are positioned in a clockwise manner around your tank and if they serve to support say 100 LBs of the weight each they will be putting ~500 LB ft of Clockwise torque on your stand Plywood will resist the forces prying the front of your stand from the back :nod:, cant wait to see it under light.

Edit: freudian slip, Meant to say "Can't wait to see it with fish", I was thinking of all the purple light

I'm not too sure where you mean where I should put the ply?

Could you grab one of the pictures i'ved posted and paint shop it to illustrate your meaning then post it back up here.

I was going to take some pics with the fish in but the damn things never stop moving so would look the same!! just with some large silver blurrs.

Cheers

Idealy all of them, However I expect you to need acces so just the ends and back, But as I came to late some of the sides arent really available, The two ends however would give you the greatest possible benefit (the ends being the ones pictured below). When your trying to build something strong and light the best way is usually to mimic nature because nature has had the time to go throught infinitly many permutations and the best ones are more likely to have survived, Here we are trying to mimic Bone which has compact sides and intracit arches inside, Uprights mimic arches while provideing the greates volume inside and ply-sides imitate the compact bones.

Opcn said:
Idealy all of them, However I expect you to need acces so just the ends and back, But as I came to late some of the sides arent really available, The two ends however would give you the greatest possible benefit (the ends being the ones pictured below). When your trying to build something strong and light the best way is usually to mimic nature because nature has had the time to go throught infinitly many permutations and the best ones are more likely to have survived, Here we are trying to mimic Bone which has compact sides and intracit arches inside, Uprights mimic arches while provideing the greates volume inside and ply-sides imitate the compact bones.
i didnt understand a single thing u said dude.... and are u talking about building the stand in with plywood around the outside?... he's likely gooing to do that...

Most reactions

Back