8 Yr Old Lonely Gourami...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I didn't suggest that you were being rude, just maybe you could include a little more detail into why you answer how you answer? one sentance answers aren't that helpful to be honest.

You asked if you could add fish.. I said no because you've already got too many fish in there... what else was there to say?

I don't get it.. I didn't disagree with anyone.. I just made the point that you couldn't add any other fish, and that your tank is overstocked..

I don't see the big deal??

ok cool, let's just drop it. Thank you for ALL your help. No more fish. Not till the sharks have gone ;)

Hi Paul, didn't I once take a fish off you that you were worried was going to outgrow your tank? that was a responsible thing to do. It is my humble opinion that you are a careing fish keeper.

dont worry about your gourami getting lonely
iv had my gaint for about 8 months and seems fine
it enjoys having the parrots around (just not during feeding time) :lol:
but everthing is all good as long as you have other fish its all good

So in telling you that you cant add fish, and that they will be stunted... I'm being rude how???????

Heh. :) This has been happening since email was invented. People don't all communicate the same way and sometimes, not meaning to, some people sound rude or "short" to others. You might have been zipping through the forum, answering questions and trying to be helpful by firing off one-liners... so you say...

"Your tank is crowded and your fish are probably stunted too."

When you are trying to convey the message "For a tank of 30 gallons, the fish you have will rapidly outgrow it, for example the pleco alone will require a larger tank eventually, but adding all the fish together, well, they will not have sufficient room to grow to their fullest potential!"

I am a gabby person via email, forums, etc. but I still manage to offend people from time to time when I don't mean to. Of course SOMETIMES I mean to. ;)

Anyway, communication issues will always be with us in a media where you cannot see the facial expressions and body language of the person typing the message. It is always good, when you are offended by someone, to take a step back, take a deep breath, and try and think the best of whoever/whatever offended you. Of course I am good at GIVING advice but if you quip off a one-liner like that to me I'd probably hitch a ride on the next jet to wherever you are and clock you over the head with my dead fish that died in my crowded aquarium that you tried to warn me about! ;) :lol:

Too right Tuishimi, giving the benefit of the doubt can always help. I think the faces on the left can help show a person's response mood, which is probably why smilies were invented..

Demonmagus... I like to get several opinions and answers to my questions, giving me a more detailed response. :D

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back