75 Gallon Ideas?

Ripley

Fishaholic
Joined
Aug 6, 2006
Messages
520
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Alberta, Canada
I currently have a 75 gallon with the following in it : 4 Angels
11 leopard danios
I was hoping to get some more fish for the tank, but I'm not sure what I should get. So some suggestions and ideas would be greatly appreciated.
 
Something for the bottom, like a BN Plec

I've always liked mollies / swordtails - but in 75 gal, you could get a hell of a lot of guppies, all with different colours - they'd swim around the main body of the tank, so then you'd have danios on top, angels and guppies in the middle, and a BN plec or maybe even some cories for the bottom!

You could always go for some Clown loachs, they add colour to the bottom and have quite a bit of character, and also in a 75gal you could get one hell of a lot of tiger barbs - which would look fantastic, and cut down on the agrression!!

One last idea - you could get a couple silver sharks (bala shark), they look amazing, do well in big tanks - and I don't think they would bother anything else you've got in there!


hope at least some of this rant helps! :P

:good:


EDIT - Forgot Gouramis - you could get a few nice looking gouramis, like a group of them, to add colour and a bit of a different size fish!
 
danios arent suited to the temperatures angels should be kept at, and will also fin nip, i dont think clown loaches would appreciate it neither.



tiger barbs + angels = :crazy:
 
The danios and angels are doing fine. I dont find they are nippy, but I think the guppies may get a hard time from the danios and angels. Their nice long pretty tails scream nip me.
I did consider Clown loaches before, but I wasn't sure how long I could keep them before they would be too big for the tank.
Bala sharks would be nice, get a bit big. How about silver dollars?
How about some more new world cichlids?
I guess I got a good few options, I'll porbably have to just go to the LFS and see whats available.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top